Have you ever read about Barack Obama biography for kids? If not, let’s get to know you better! Obama is the 44th President of the US. His presidency lasted from 2009-2017. Barack Obama comes from the Democratic Party and is assisted by his Deputy, Joseph Biden. Some of the interesting facts we discuss one by one!
Barack Obama Biography for Kids and Early Life
1. The president, who was inaugurated at the age of 47, was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on August 4, 1961.
2. Barack Obama grew up in Hawaii and Jakarta, Indonesia. Stanley Ann Dunham, her mother, is a woman from Kansas, who is married to Barack Obama Sr., her father, who comes from Kenya Africa. They later divorced and their mother married an Indonesian man. That’s why he grew up in Indonesia. Furthermore, his grandmother and grandfather took care of him in Hawaii.
3. His childhood nickname was Barry.
4. The first black president in America graduated from Columbia University, New York, in 1983.
5. Graduated from college, Barack worked on various projects including the Developing Community Project in Chicago, Illinois.
6. His next education was majoring in law because he wanted to become a lawyer. The father of Malia Ann Obama and Sasha Obama is graduated in 1991 from Harvard Law School.
7. He entered politics in 1996 by running for the Illinois state Senate. He won the election and served until 2004 before being elected to the United States Senate.
8. The husband of Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama served for 3 years as the Senate in the US before he entered the 2008 presidential election.
9. This father of two children is indeed a popular communicator and is very good. His biggest rival is Hillary Clinton, the former First Lady and Senator of New York. In the end, he managed to beat Clinton in the primaries. The difference in the final victory was quite large.
10. Barack Obama was first sworn in on January 20, 2009, and the second in 2012.
Barack Obama’s Presidency
As a well-known President, he has made several achievements to build the US state, including the following:
11. Health Care Services Get Better
This is one of the most important achievements of his administration. Since he signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010, he has become known for what has become known as “Obamacare”. The purpose of this law is none other than to help the poor have proper health care. This means equalizing justice for all Americans. Be wise, yes!
12. Improved International Relations
President Obama is very wise in maintaining a foreign policy. This is evidenced by the diplomatic relations opened to the US with Cuba. Obama is the first president to visit the country since 1928.
13. Supporting International Peace
Obama also made a nuclear program agreement with Iran, helped stop Libyan leadership, Moammar Gaddafi, and played a role in the Iraq War. The war that occurred between Iraq and Afghanistan when he served as US president was successfully ended. Obama also successfully repatriated US troops in 2011.
14. US Economic Progress
In this field, arguments are always colored. In 2009, unemployment in the US peaked at 10%. Since then, an estimated 11 million job openings have been created during Obama’s tenure. Indeed, at the beginning of his reign, he increased the tax value. Furthermore, several sectors also experienced progress, although slowly but surely.
Not all good things happened during the Barack Obama administration. For example, there was an accident on an oil platform on April 20, 2010, which resulted in a giant oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The oil that pollutes the oceans is one of the worst environmental disasters in the world. However, this is not Obama’s fault. And after we read Barack Obama Biography for kids, it’s good for us to learn to emulate his kindness.